Our highly-qualified, experienced personnel are local to all Seaport-e zones, and are available for immediate on-site immersion in support of the capabilities and areas of expertise identified below.
KG’s staff are selected and proposed for tasking based upon individual & collective capabilities, complementary skill sets, past performance, stability, history of successfully working together, and in an approach we believe would truly present the greatest advantage to client objectives.
In support of SeaPort-e tasking, our goal is to help the U.S. Navy be the most efficient and effective fighting force it can be.
Functional Areas / Capabilities / Areas of Expertise
- Research and Development Support
- Engineering, System Engineering and Process Engineering Support
- Modeling, Simulation, Stimulation, and Analysis Support
- System Design Documentation and Technical Data Support
- Software Engineering, Development, Programming, and Network Support
- Human Factors, Performance, and Usability Engineering Support
- Configuration Management (CM) Support
- Quality Assurance (QA) Support
- Information Systems (IS) Development, Information Assurance (IA), and Information Technology (IT) Support
- Interoperability, Test and Evaluation, Trials Support
- Training Support
- Program Support
- Functional and Administrative Support
- Public Affairs and Multimedia Support
Kilda Group utilizes team members and subcontractors in accordance with their skill sets and with client needs and desires. The following subcontractors provide industry-leading services to the Navy and Marine Corps via the SeaPort-e contract as members of our team.