Steps to PSS Procurement:
The Professional Services Schedule (PSS) is a competitively awarded contract, which is available to all federal agencies. Kilda Group awarded rates have been determined to be fair and reasonable, so no advertising is required, no middle man is used, and there’s no need to deal with anyone outside of your agency.
The general steps to follow to contract via PSS with Kilda Group are:
- Customer/Kilda Group meet to determine needs
- Customer develops project definition and requirements (Statement Of Work)
- Kilda Group provides labor and price estimates for the project
- Customer provides funding and project documents to its internal Contracting Officer (CO)
- Request for Quote (RFQ) is developed by CO and released to a minimum of three schedule contractors
- Kilda Group responds to the RFQ
- CO and Kilda Group negotiate if necessary and a task order is issued by CO to Kilda Group
- Kilda Group begins work
Remember... you can do SDVOSB set-asides in PSS
The following services can be obtained via our PSS contract:
874-1: Integrated Consulting Services
Contractors shall provide expert advice and assistance in support of an agency’s mission-oriented business functions. Services covered by this SIN include:
- Management or strategy consulting, including research, evaluations, studies, analyses, scenarios/simulations, reports, business policy and regulation development assistance, strategy formulation, and expert witness services
- Facilitation and related decision support services
- Survey services, using a variety of methodologies, including survey planning, design, and development; survey administration; data validation and analysis; reporting, and stakeholder briefings
- Advisory and assistance services in accordance with FAR 37.203
874-4: Training Services: Instructor Led Training, Web Based Training and Education Courses, Course Development and Test Administration Learning Management, Internships
Services under 874-4 include:
- Proposed courses shall be commercially-available off-the-shelf training and/or educational courses that are delivered via an Instructor-led (i.e. traditional classroom setting or conference/seminar) and/or web-based (i.e. Internet/Intranet, software packages and computer applications) system. Courses shall have a defined course title, length of time (i.e. hours, days, semesters, etc.), description of material to be taught (i.e. syllabi, table of contents, etc.), and whether materials are included in the price. (i.e. books, pamphlets, software, etc.). Support materials not included may be offered under SIN 874-5. C874-9
- Proposed professional services shall be in support of planning, creating, and/or executing testing and test administration, learning management, internship, or development of new courses or subject matter delivered via an instructor-led (i.e. traditional classroom setting or conference/seminar) and/or web-based (i.e. Internet/Intranet, software packages and computer applications) system. Proposed customization services are the result of planning, creating, and/or executing a proprietary format and may be priced as a flat rate or as Labor/hours using professional labor categories (i.e. Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Program Managers, Project Managers, Research Assistant, Technical Specialist, etc.), subject matter(s), Systems requirements and methodology(ies) to be used should be stated. Acquisition training will be accomplished under SIN 874-8. Functional industry-specific training covered under other schedules will not be accomplished under this SIN.
- Customized course(s) shall include labor categories (i.e. Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Program Managers, Project Managers, Research Assistant, Technical Specialist, etc.), subject matter(s), and methodology(ies) to be used.
874-7: Integrated Business Program Support Services
Contractors shall provide services to assist agencies in managing their mission-oriented business projects or programs and achieving mission performance goals. Services covered include:
- All phases of program or project management, from planning to closeout
- Operational/administrative business support services in order to carry out program objectives
NOTE 1: Program support services where the preponderance of work is specifically covered under other GSA Schedules are not permitted under this SIN; please refer to the Scope of Work in Part I of the PSS solicitation for further information.
NOTE 2: Administrative support services are authorized under this SIN; however, they must be provided in conjunction with other professional business services covered under this Schedule and must be performed under the supervision of the contractor’s Project or Program Manager. Personal services as defined in FAR are prohibited under PSS.