Kilda Group is a boutique IT Management Consulting firm headquartered in Severna Park, Maryland. We are designated as a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business. Our work focuses on Federal Sector modernization efforts which typically include a variety of business transformation initiatives including business process improvement, change management, business analysis and IT consulting.
Where our company adds value is in the key balance between business and IT. We believe that IT is the enabler, and not the solution. We help our customers create efficiencies and become proactive. We strive to add value and make our client's lives easier everyday.
We are a small firm and are committed to building a high performance team. We want to hire people who share our values. We work with highly bureaucratic organizations and with change-resistant cultures. We need team members who are savvy in navigating through politically charged environments. We are looking for people who are committed to, and creative in, producing results. Successful KG employees…
- have ambitious performance goals
- possess interchangeable skills
- exhibit a strong commitment to quality
- are persons of integrity
- are action-oriented
- are problem solvers
- seek out their own development
- and thrive on the growth that challenging projects give them
The company rewards strong and loyal performers. Because we are a small firm, you will have great opportunities to have face-time and responsibilities that you wouldn't get at a larger organization. You'll be asked to wear many hats. You will find many opportunities to make a difference here. KG offers competitive salaries, excellent employee benefits and growth opportunity.
Applicants interested in pursuing career opportunities with Kilda Group must have enterprise systems consulting experience with management experience. Active security clearances are preferred. Due to the area of our industry focus, applicants must be U.S. citizens and be able to pass a full background investigation.
We invite you to view our current openings. Please send your resume to: or call the Human Resources department at: 410-263-0276 if you are interested in employment with us!
Kilda Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Principal Areas of Responsibility
Create value through the analysis, design, development, implementation, evaluation and optimization of solutions that will meet client requirements and exceed company expectations. Assignments may include current state analysis and mapping, future state design and decomposition, stakeholder management, communications management, organization change management, project management, risk and issue management, business process improvement, analytics, root cause analysis, meeting and process facilitation, presentation development and delivery, gap analysis and closure, benchmarking, business case development, strategy development, CONOPS development, schedule development and management, training development and delivery, and acting as a trusted advisor.
- Charismatic, team-player that is comfortable working in a variety of diverse consulting environments to include highly-matrixed teams, independent consulting engagements, 100% client site, remote/virtual teams, blended client and consultant teams, etc.
- Articulate, succinct, and professional in face-to-face, phone, and virtual communications
- Skilled in the analysis, design, development, implementation, evaluation and optimization of performance improvement solutions; a blend of commercial and government experience is highly desired
- Highly practiced in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and other business tool sets (e.g., Visio, Project, Access)
- Skilled in the balancing and management of requirements, expectations, quality, scope, schedule, and budget
- Strong writing and presentation development experience and skills
- Program and/or project management experience, to include acting as a trusted advisor
- Strong understanding of enterprise business and information systems, business processes, and business drivers
- Knowledge of leading industry practices, methodologies, and frameworks
- Experience with conducting benchmarking studies and/or readiness assessments
- Excellent analytical and information collation skills
- Considered a "go-to" team member; ready, willing and able to lend a hand
- Federal agency consulting experience and Big 4+ consulting experience preferred
Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree, PMP, and other related accreditations highly preferred.
Less than 25%
Must be local to Washington, D.C. metro area; no relocation assistance provided.
Instructional Designer / Training Specialist
Principal Areas of Responsibility
The Instructional Designer / Training Specialist will serve as the Instructional Systems Design (ISD) Lead responsible for the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of blended learning solutions for Kilda Group’s U.S. Government clients. The blended learning solutions will primarily be web-based, asynchronous, distance learning involving video and low to moderate levels of interactive e-learning. Additional requirements may involve Webinars, Job Aids, Coaching Guides, other learning tools, and training related marketing materials. This positon is onsite with the U.S. Government client and will report to Kilda Group’s onsite Project Manager.
$60,000 – $110,000 annual (commensurate with experience)
- Designs and develops web-based, asynchronous, distance learning modules and materials
- Coordinates, writes and edits educational and training content, and incorporates current technology for assigned courseware
- Reviews and confirms learning objectives throughout the courseware development and implementation processes
- Performs analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation for assigned courseware
- Designs and develops supporting learning tools/aides
- Designs and developments narrator scripts for video production
- Designs and developments knowledge and proficiency checks
- Participates in the needs assessment, design and development of product, role, and competency specific curriculum design documents and high-level designs
- Interacts with customer and SMEs in planning/scoping of requirements, designing and developing “wow… this is awesome” learning modules
- Functions on course teams and independently in the design, development, delivery, test, and optimization of training
- Reviews and tests new and revised curriculum offerings from other team members, providing feedback and suggestions for improvement; contributes to new curriculum or program ideas
- Participates in pilot deliveries of new courses; Develops course descriptions and related course-specific marketing documents and tools
- Leads storyboarding, authoring, and development of module content and blended learning solutions (to include mobile solutions)
Additional Responsiblities May Include
- Provides reporting to management on performance, development status, and customer relations
- Provides technical support for the client organization
- Implements and evaluates learning to include lessons learned and optimization reports
- Performing peer reviews for both client and non-client related materials
- Supporting Kilda Group proposal and marketing efforts
Qualifications & Required Skills
- Proven track record in developing original and innovative e-learning and blended learning programs to include asynchronous learning; Must be able to develop “wow… this is great” type of learning modules
- Foundational knowledge and understanding of adult learning theory and instructional design techniques
- Excellent written and verbal English skills for the purpose of courseware design/development, editing, and communications with customer and team;
- Complete fluency (written and oral) in English required
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office applications to include Word and PowerPoint
- Highly self-motivated, self-managed, expertly organized, and detailed-oriented; ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimal coaching or supervision
- Ability to organize and work under strict time and production deadlines, while producing high quality, near perfect deliverables
- LMS/LCMS experience
- US Citizen and resident
- Ability to pass an extensive government background investigation; Ability to be granted and maintain a government clearance up to SECRET
- Currently living local to the DC metro area and willing to be located for work onsite in Frederick, MD Monday through Friday
Bachelor's or Master’s degree in educational technology, instructional design, instructional technology, curriculum design, or other related discipline is required; Having a Bachelor’s degree is mandatory and cannot be substituted, however, the type of Bachelor’s degree can be substituted with five (5) years of professional ISD experience.
Minimum of three (3) years professional experience designing and developing web-based, asynchronous, distance learning or other technology-based instruction; must include training adult learners.
United States citizens only… no exceptions
Applicant must be able to pass mandatory Kilda Group and U.S. Government background checks and obtain a US Government clearance
Less than 25%
Frederick, MD (with ability to travel within DC/Baltimore/Annapolis metro area)
Kilda Group full-time employees are offered comprehensive benefits to include...
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Pharmacy Prescription Plan
- Life Insurance & Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Employee Referral Plan
- Annual Utilization Award
- 10 Holidays
- Incrementally Progressing Personal Leave
Note: This list includes benefits offered at the time of web posting. Employee benefits are offered in accordance with current plan documents. Benefits are subject to change with or without notice.